Monday, May 26, 2008

You know you're in Japan when....

The air is clear and clean and the restrooms have a fancy toilet that's heated, has a bidet and other water wash options, the sound of running water (in case you want to be discreet) and a deodorizer all built in.

This is actually the first time I've landed at the Nagoya airport, which is where my mother is from. Much smaller than Narita, much less walking from the gate to security to the lounge and to the gate again. I like this much better!

But Narita does have a great Northwest business lounge with Mac computers and 19" screens. On the other hand, Nagoya doesn't have wireless but I have a lovely view out the window (impeccably clean of course) of a Hello Kitty covered Eva Air plane. How cute! The characters even have Eva Air hats! LOL!

This is only a two-hour layover (which really means 1 hour since boarding is always an hour before departure). Too short to enjoy the lounge, but just enough time for me to write a blog post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful vacation. The resort sounds fabulous.
cherie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice vacation. I would love to visit Japan myself. I'm sort of learning japanese (just started) and maybe someday I'll get to visit (along with the rest of the world,jeje)

Anonymous said...

The Hello Kitty airplane is too cute!