Friday, May 9, 2008

More fruit!


The hotel has added to the plate of fruit in my room. I keep eating the bananas, but haven't touched the others because of the mess I know they'll create. One of the huge guavas has been taken away only to be replaced with a fat papaya (that is not yet ripe), more bananas and an orange.

They leave a papaya (which I love), but they don't offer it on the breakfast bar - go figure! Maybe I can get them to do it for me?

One of the waiters asked whether I was here the day before (ummmm....we've been here since Sunday...the hostesses recognized us on day 2) as he held the lids of the bamboo containers holding the shumai and pork buns for me.

I admit...I've been eating dim sum, noodles and mango every morning (and usually miso soup as well). I did break down and had an omlette as well, but I think I can noodles and dim sum every day.

Which leads to my new rule with my audit staff - we all get to take turns in picking where and what we eat. Otherwise I'm sure they would be stuck with eating some form of noodles every day.

I found a great little fast food noodle shop in the mall for lunch. The fried noodles with beef were awesome and made Brett very happy. I was in heaven with soup noodles with won tons and beef. Too much fat on the beef, but it was still good.

We did break down this week and eat at California Pizza Kitchen for lunch. We were dying for a salad and they have a nice selection. The CPK is across the street from the office building...along with the Hard Rock Cafe (you won't catch me dead in there). This photo was taken Friday night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the bananas in the Philippines. I heard they are the best tasting in the world