Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunrise and Still Life

The sunrise at 5 am from the hotel window. Not a great view of a Shell gas station.

As usual when sleeping in a new time zone, I woke up every hour from 1:30 AM.

The hotel left a plate of 2 bananas (already ate one...very sweet and full of flavor, unlike the ones you get in the US...kind of like the ones Dad used to grow), a mango and 2 guavas (the biggest guavas I think I've ever seen!).

It's interesting that they give you a knife since the typical place setting here is a fork and tablespoon (just like Malaysia). The Filipinos use the spoon like a knife. And if they gave me a spoon, I would eat that mango!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture of the sunrise. I'll be needing a picture of the mall, or better yet... the coral and shell jewelry. hehe I hope you find something nice!

Irene said...

Coral and shell jewelry? How about fresh water pearls? I hear it's not as cheap as China, but still plentiful.

Anonymous said...

Even better!!