Friday, July 3, 2009

Airport Limousine Bus

I flew into the main airport in Tokyo - Narita - but we were working in the southwestern part of Tokyo in Kawasaki. Rather than blow a lot of money on a taxi to the hotel, I caught the Friendly Airport Limousine bus to the nearest airport - Haneda. For 3000 Yen ($30) and anywhere from 60-75 minutes, it's a pleasant trip.

I did the same thing when returning to Narita today. I thought it was pretty cool that the ticket taker bows to the bus as it leaves. I felt honored to be on the bus! Similarly, the security guard at work salutes the employee bus when it arrives every day. What signs of respect!

The bus only took 60 minutes to get to Narita. Of course it departed promptly for a 11:55 am departure. Every bus and train we've taken departs as scheduled. Such reliability!

Arrival into the Narita Airport we had to stop and show our passports. Obviously they take security really seriously here. It only took a few minutes for security to board and also look in the luggage hold area of the bus. I felt just a bit more secure.

Thanks Japan for a great 2.5 weeks. I will miss the great food and shopping (the first time the exchange rate was decent enough for me to buy anything). I look forward to returning again, hopefully with Mom to serve as translator!

1 comment:

Read More said...

Awesome post. Really a great source of information. Thanks and do keep us updated.