Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Only in Japan


Toilets with bells and whistles....flushing sound (musical note, with volume control) and "powerful deodorizer" (silver button on the right). What?! No seat warmer? This was taken at the public bathroom in a nearby shopping mall. It's not the fanciest toilet I've seen, but pretty good for a public restroom. With toilets like this I am baffled as to why anyone would prefer squatting, which is still an option in some bathrooms. The ladies room at the Yokohama baseball stadium had both options available.
In the same bathroom are stalls for women to put on their make-up. I took a reflection of them in the mirror. This is a fairly upscale shopping mall.


Lastly, Starbucks are everywhere and I have been in the one next to the hotel a couple of times. What I thought was cool is the stirrer that fits in the hole of the cup. It does a good job sealing the hole so the coffee isn't spilling everywhere. I don't recall ever seeing this in the U.S. Anyone know if they have them in the U.S.?

4 comments:

Becky said...

Yep - I have seen those in the US. Got some in Georgetown a couple of months ago.

Irene said...

Cool! I guess Ihave to ask for them the next time.

Unknown said...

In L.A. if you're lucky they put a sticker so that it doesn't spill everywhere...

Unknown said...

I want that toilet!!! LOL...